I was born in 1990 so the majority of my childhood memories include Spice Girls, The Simpsons and Tamagotchis.
To this day, I even love 90s fashion. So let me tell you some reasons why the 90s was the greatest decade of all time. Of. All. Time.
10 Reasons Why I Love the 90s
1. Spice Girls. The fashion, the memorabilia. The movie. Spice Girls were the epitome of the 90s. Posh Spice was and always will be my favourite.
2. Friends. Need I say more?
3. Girly Movies – Clueless, Romy and Michelle High School Reunion and Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which includes a young Ryan Reynolds. Personal favourites of mines to this day!
4. Slapstick Comedies – Adam Sandler and Jim Carey. You know I’m right. Don’t deny it. They’re still funny.
5. Tamagotchis and Furbies. I had every annoying toy imaginable. My poor parents.
6. Pokemon – my childhood after school memories consisted of watching Pokemon on RTE and playing Pokemon cards. Delightful.
7. Thin Brows. This. I absolutely ruined my brows in my early teens, so I am praying for a miracle that thin brows will come back in style.
8. Manchester Music – Oasis, Happy Monday’s and Stone Roses. They just don’t make bands like they used to do they?
9. Tammy Girl – my absolute go to for fashion within the ages of 7-11.
10. Grunge Fashion. Think docs, camp trousers, black kohl liner and Courtney Love. Still want to dress like this on the daily.
Which decade were you born in? And what’s your favourite thing about the 90s?