So it has been 6 whole months since I decided to grow my hair. (I know, not that long) but when you are trying to grow out a pixie cut, it feels like 1,000 years.
Here’s my hair 6 months ago.
I absolutely loved this cut, I had it done by the Creative Director, Ronan Stewart at Roco Hair– Derry/Londonderry. But I figured it was about time I changed my look, and I was not ready to go back to dark hair!
The first 3 months was pretty easy as my hair had been cut so short, the shape had grew out reasonably well. (Hair clips and head bands were also my best friends).
Once my hair grew out at the back it was goodbye easy hair life and hello mullet party!
KEY TIP IN KEEPING THE MULLET OUT OF SIGHT – get a dry cut every few weeks to trim the loose ends! 🙂
And with weeks of frustrations, I have eventually grew it out to this:
My most recent cut and colour was done by Gillian Devine and Joanne Cooke at Joanne Cooke Hair. Her Facebook page is here:- Joanne Cooke Hair
I have eventually got to the not so awkward stage of growing out the Pixie Cut. And who knows, maybe in another 6 months you can call me Rapunzel!
Also, for anyone interested, here is my favourite shampoo for blonde hair.
This is the most hyped silver shampoo about, but it is definitely the best. It works especially well if you apply it to dry hair for 5 minutes and then wash it out (make sure you don’t leave it in too long as you could end up looking like a purple haired Troll!)
I usually buy it in ASDA or Boots – but can also be bought from certain Primark/Penneys stores.
Top Tips for Hair Growth
- Step back from the bleach! Since I’ve stopped scalp bleaching, my hair has grown so fast! Highlights all the way!
- CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION… need I say more?
- Don’t wash your hair every day, I’ve tried leaving my hair for as long as possible (hats are a real winner).
- I was also told by a hairdresser that growing your hair with a middle parting will quicken hair growth! (You heard it here first)
- Dry cuts every 3 – 4 weeks.
- Hats/Hair Clips/Head Bands should become your squad.
Leave any tips you have in the comments below 🙂
Thanks for the advice as in the process of growing my hair out also!!!
We will get there! lol!